C.A. Duquemin Ltd

St Peter Port

Standout

1924 centenary firm

Built Island War Memorial 1926

Story

Founded 1924 by Alfred J Duquemin as stonemason and builder. Commissioned to build the Island War Memorial in 1926. Cecil Alfred Duquemin renamed it C.A. Duquemin Ltd in 1938. Business premises at Les Baissieres built in 1984. Celebrated centenary in 2024 with Guernsey Press supplement.

C.A. Duquemin Ltd is a family-owned building company established in 1924 and one of the island's longest-trading construction firms. It carries all traditional building trades in-house — carpentry, joinery, trowel trades, and decoration — and operates a fully equipped bespoke joinery workshop manufacturing windows, doors, and staircases. The company specialises in heritage and high-class refurbishment alongside new build, commercial, and residential projects, and maintains a minor works team for contracts from £500 to £50,000. Notable projects include the Island War Memorial (1926), St. James Concert Hall, and the Island Archive. A Chartered Building Company and GBTEA member, with 60+ full-time craftsmen on staff.

Specialises in6

Each capability links to every business in the Baliwick that shares it.

Painting & decorating

Interior and exterior painting, decorating, and wallpapering services.

From their website

Bespoke decoration

Quick facts

Legal form
Limited Company
Established
1924 · 102 years
Coverage
Guernsey Wide
Industries served
Commercial, Residential, Heritage
Free quotes
Yes

People5

  • Darren du Jardin MCIOBManaging Director
  • Ed MachonDirector
  • Ian NaftelDirector
  • Richard Smith BSc (Hons) MRICS ACI ArbCommercial Director
  • John FallaFinance Director

From their website

Original phrasing from their website — lines covered by a capability above appear within its card.

  • Heritage building projects
  • Planning consultancy
  • Plastering
  • Bricklaying
  • Roofing
  • Concreting

Credentials

Qualifications

  • MCIOB
  • AIOSH
  • BSc (Hons) MRICS ACI Arb
  • CIOB Chartered Membership
  • CIOB Member
  • Chartered Building Company

Memberships & accreditations

  • GBTEA

Track record

  • Island War Memorial (1926)
  • St. James Concert and Assembly Hall
  • The Island Archive at former St Barnabas Church
  • Thelema
  • Les Prevosts
  • Le Hurel

Hours

Mon
8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Tue
8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Wed
8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Thu
8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Fri
8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Sat
Closed
Sun
Closed

Contact

Social
Address
Fineshade Centre, Les Baissieres, St Peter Port, Guernsey, GY1 2UE

History4

Key dates and recorded company events for C.A. Duquemin Ltd.

  • 1926Commissioned to build the Island War Memorial
  • 1938Renamed C.A. Duquemin Ltd · Cecil Alfred Duquemin renamed the business.
  • 1984Business premises at Les Baissieres built
  • 2024Celebrated centenary with Guernsey Press supplement

Compiled from public sources — mistakes are possible. If something here looks wrong, let us know.