Notre Dame du Rosaire Catholic Church

St Peter Port

Standout

197-year heritage (1829)

About

Notre Dame du Rosaire Catholic Church is one of four churches that form the Catholic Parish of Our Lady and the Saints of Guernsey. The first church on this site opened for worship in 1829. It was the only Catholic church on Guernsey until 1851. The present building was rebuilt between October 1961 and December 1962 by Canon Maurice Lecluze, who served the church for 42 years. It falls under the Roman Catholic Diocese of Portsmouth. The church has pedestrian access via stone steps, with partial vehicular access to a car park higher up the hill.

Quick facts

Legal form
Falls under the Roman Catholic Diocese of Portsmouth (the Channel Islands were formerly attached to Coutances)
Established
1829 — first church on the site opened for worship 13 September 1829 · 197 years
Facilities
Pedestrian access only — stone steps at each end of Burnt Lane keep vehicles out, Car park higher up the hill gives partial vehicular access

Hours

5:30pm – Notre Dame – Rosary

Contact

Address
Burnt Lane, St Peter Port, Guernsey

Compiled from public sources — mistakes are possible. If something here looks wrong, let us know.