Le Catioroc & Lihou Island

St Saviour·Attraction

Part of The National Trust of Guernsey

Standout

Benedictine priory ruins (1114)

36-acre tidal island

Story

Land at Le Catioroc donated to National Trust of Guernsey in 1965 by Col HA Randall; memorial stone carved in 1966 in memory of Marie Randall MBE. Lihou Island purchased by States of Guernsey in January 1995.

Le Catioroc & Lihou Island is a National Trust of Guernsey coastal property on the south-west coast, encompassing the Le Catioroc headland and the 36-acre Lihou Island, reached by a 400m tidal causeway. Features include Le Trepied megalithic dolmen, Mont Chinchon 18th-century battery, Venus Pool, and Benedictine priory ruins dating to 1114. Three marked walking trails connect the headland to L'Eree bay. The site is part of Guernsey's first Ramsar wetland designation, supporting over 150 bird species and 200 seaweed varieties.

Specialises in6

Each capability links to every business in the Baliwick that shares it.

Quick facts

Established
1965
Industries served
Residential

Credentials

Memberships & accreditations

  • National Trust Guernsey

Visiting & access

Wheelchair access
Not suitable for wheelchairs or those with impaired mobility
Parking
Small car park on the nearby headland
Public transport
Bus routes 62, 91, 92

Hours

Open access; Lihou Island causeway accessible at low tide only — check tide times before visiting

Contact

Social
Address
Le Catioroc, Rue des Bordes, St Saviour, Guernsey

History2

Key dates and recorded company events for Le Catioroc & Lihou Island.

  • 1966Memorial stone carved in memory of Marie Randall MBE
  • 1995Lihou Island purchased by States of Guernsey

Compiled from public sources — mistakes are possible. If something here looks wrong, let us know.